Console applications and batch files are regularly run at Windows startup or in a schedule. The main inconvenience of this is that each application opens a console window that flickers on the screen. Hidden Start (or Hstart) is a lightweight command line utility that allows you to run console applications and batch files without any window in the background, handle UAC privilege elevation under Windows 7 and Vista, start multiple commands in parallel or synchronously, and much more.
Hstart is very small (~100 Kb), but it allows you to:
- start console applications without any windows in the background
- start applications with administrative privileges without UAC prompts
- start non-elevated applications from elevated scripts and batch files
- start multiple applications in the specified order synchronously
- set the working directory and priority class of the created processes
- set the startup delay before command execution
- show success and error messages after command execution
Hstart is a must have if you use batch files on an everyday basis for backups, various file sync and copy scripts, automatic source code compilation or code signing.
Hidden Start is a free trial software application from the Launchers & Task Managers subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-12-01. The program can be installed on Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP.
Hidden Start (version 4.1) has a file size of 988.56 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 315 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.